Incoterms® 2020 Training
Le cours en ligne sur les Incoterms® 2020 est offert uniquement en anglais pour l’instant. La version française suivra.
The Incoterms® 2020 online course, presented by FITT and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce (CCC), is designed to help international trade professionals gain an understanding of the latest edition of the Incoterms® rules (which came into effect on January 1, 2020).
The International Chamber of Commerce Incoterms® rules are used in contracts to clearly communicate the obligations, costs, and risks associated with the transportation and delivery of goods, providing clarity for sellers and buyers and helps facilitate trade.
This course provides background, details of Incoterms® 2020 definitions/rules and obligations, and details of the main changes that have taken effect.
Participants completing the training will learn how to:
- Understand how to properly incorporate Incoterms® 2020 into pro forma invoices and sales contracts
- Identify corporate sales strategies that lower risks and costs
- Identify the correct Incoterms® 2020 rule for specific transactions
- Determine the obligations, risks and costs for both sellers and buyers
- Avoid common errors when using Incoterms
- Use Incoterms to the company’s advantage
This professional training is excellent for beginners and will also serve as an in-depth refresher with important updates for experienced professionals.
Incoterms® 2020 Training is also offered in partnership with:
- ICC Incoterms® 2020 e-book (containing a complete set of updated rules)
- Series of instructional video segments delivered by Leroy Lowe, MBA, PhD, CITP and Lora Rigutto Vigliatore, CITP, both ICC Registered Trainers of Incoterms® 2020 in Canada (bios below)
- Guiding notes to facilitate tracking of key Incoterms® 2020 concepts
- Incoterms® 2020 overview graphic
- Incoterms® 2020 visual shorthand graphic
- Discussion questions and answers
- Access to the online exam
Leroy Lowe, MBA, PhD, CITP is a full-time faculty member in International Business at the Nova Scotia Community College and an active international business development consultant who has helped many small-to-medium sized businesses (in many sectors) with all aspects of exporting. He has previously worked as an Aerospace Engineering Officer and Project Manager in the Canadian Airforce, as well as for Sparton of Canada as Director of Business Development.
Lora Rigutto Vigliatore, CITP is an international business development "Coach", President of LRV International Trade Consulting, an adjunct professor and active member on the Program Advisory Committee at Durham College, and currently on contract with the Trade Commission of Chile in Toronto. She is also a proud member of the Organization of Women in International Trade – Toronto (OWIT) and contributor to FITT’s Content Advisory Panel.
You'll have up to 12 months from the date you register to work through the course at your own pace and take your exam. The exam is offered online in a multiple-choice format.
By successfully completing the exam for this course, you will earn the Incoterms 2020® Training Certificate. Successfully completing this course does not earn credit towards earning the FITT Certificate in International Trade and FITT Diploma in International Trade.
FITT’s standard online courses/workshops refund policy applies to Incoterms 2020® Training.
CITPs in good standing are able to purchase this course at an exclusive price. This special price will be applied for CITPs once they have signed into their FITT account and added the course to their cart. Please use the forgot username/password page if you've forgotten your sign in information, or contact email@example.com with any further questions.
How much do you know about Incoterms® 2020? Take this quiz to assess your knowledge.