Are you eligible to apply?
- Do you have at least 10 years of full-time work experience related to the 15 CITP competency categories in executive level roles?
- Can you commit to the CITP standards of ethical conduct?
- If your application is confirmed as meeting the eligibility requirements, are you prepared to write the CITP Professional Examination within 60-days from receipt of confirmation email authorizing access to the exam?
Ready to apply? Here’s what you'll need:
- Cover letter summarizing your international trade experience as it relates to each of the 15 CITP competency categories.
- Detailed resume (CV) providing dates of employment (month and year), company name, job title and listing of your key responsibilities related to international trade activities
- You'll need to provide letters of reference from two individuals who can attest that the international trade experience information provided in your cover letter and detailed resume (CV) is correct. The reference letters must address our standard questions. You'll need to provide contact details for your two references.
- Application Fees: To submit your application, you will need to provide a payment of $570 CAD, plus applicable taxes. Application fees are non-refundable.
Note: We encourage you to carefully review the CITP Candidate Handbook for complete details. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The appellation for the Certified International Trade Professional (CITP®) designation in the U.S. and the E.U. is the FIBP® (FITT International Business Professional) due to trade-mark issues. Regardless of location, certificants can choose to promote themselves as a CITP, FIBP or a CITP|FIBP. The designations are synonymous. The different titles and acronyms are a reflection of international trademark ownership availability.