International Business Certification—Executive Path to the CITP®|FIBP® Designation
The Executive Path to the Certified International Trade Professional (CITP®|FIBP®) designation is designed for highly experienced professionals who’ve already achieved success in the field of global trade.
In order to qualify for the CITP®|FIBP® through the Executive Path, you must provide evidence of leadership and/or management in the practical or policy areas of international trade, and/or prove oversight experience associated with an organization’s international trade activities. A minimum of 10 years of experience is required.
All Executive Path CITP®|FIBP® applications are subject to approval by our Certification and Accreditation Committee (CAC).
Step 1—Apply for the CITP®|FIBP® Designation through the Executive Path
Submit electronic copies of the following to email@example.com:
- A two-page cover letter demonstrating how your work experience relates to the CITP®|FIBP® Competencies, and attesting to the accuracy of the information provided. To purchase a copy of the CITP®|FIBP® Competency Profile, priced at $29.95, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A comprehensive CV
- Two letters of reference—Please review the Reference Policy for CITP®|FIBP® Executive Path Candidates
- A completed copy of the CITP®|FIBP® Executive Path Application Form
- Pay annual CITP®|FIBP® dues—Your payment will be reimbursed in full should your application be denied for any reason
Step 2—Await Your Review
FITT’s CAC will review your cover letter, CV and letters of recommendation to determine your approval, denial, or whether more information is required.
Step 3—Receive Approval
Upon receiving your approval from the CAC, you’ll need to sign a document verifying your commitment to:
- Adhering to the CITP®|FIBP® Standards of Ethical Conduct
- Engaging in annual professional development
- Being an ambassador of FITT and the CITP®|FIBP® designation. CITP®|FIBP® ambassadorship involves:
- Using the CITP®|FIBP® designation on business cards, email signatures, correspondence, by-lines, etc. as appropriate
- Encouraging and supporting the pursuit of the CITP®|FIBP® designation by employees through the allocation of time and resources
- Using "CITP®|FIBP® preferred" or "CITP®|FIBP® candidate preferred” in job-opportunity announcements, as relevant
- Supporting employee attendance at FITT events
- Highlighting the value of the designation whenever possible
If you’re interested in applying for the CITP®|FIBP® designation through FITT’s Executive Path, please consult the
Submit all application documents electronically to: email@example.com.