(Past Event) Incoterms® 2020 and COVID-19 – Protecting your supply chain through diligent contracts
COVID-19 is continuing to influence international trade. The supply chains of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are facing all kinds of disruption due to the current fast-moving and ever-changing situation. The reality is that many SMEs are struggling to continue their businesses, an element of which has been conflicts or disputes with their suppliers.
The Incoterms® rules are an internationally recognized standard and are used worldwide in international and domestic contracts for the sale of goods that help businesses avoid costly misunderstandings by defining the costs, risks and obligations in each international trade transaction, protecting both parties.
Incoterms are one element of many in building strong, clear contracts that can protect both SMEs and their vendors, ensuring proper communication, expectations, and clear procedures in the case of disruptions. For SMEs especially, this is critical to success, and even survival in challenging times.
This webinar will bring together a panel of experts in supply chain management, contracts, customs and the Incoterms® 2020 rules to give you the information you need to protect your business and have confidence in your international transactions.
Join us live on Tuesday, Oct. 27 from 11AM to 12PM ET to learn:
- How Incoterms can be used to ensure contracts have covered all key areas of risk and provided proper instruction for any disrupted delivery scenario
- Common problems being encountered at the border with international shipments and how to prevent them
- Issues suppliers and shippers are facing in delivering their products and how SMEs can work with these vendors to prevent them
- Before the contract is written, what should SMEs be asking for from their suppliers/manufacturers to ensure that they cover their bases?
- + lots more including the chance to ask your questions directly to our panel during the live Q&A