Post-Pandemic Globalization with Stephen Poloz, CITP
About the event: Post-Pandemic Globalization
Date: Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021
Time: 1-2 pm Eastern Time
Event Format: Live presentation and Q&As via Zoom
Location: Zoom. Once your register, we will send you the link before the event starts.
Opposition to globalization has been building for years and the pandemic has only stiffened this resistance. Causing “the largest and fastest decline in international flows—including trade, foreign direct investment, and international travel—in modern history,” according to the Harvard Business Review, COVID-19 has shown the major vulnerabilities within our current global trade ecosystem and, as a result, international businesses and trade-dependent companies face an increasingly risky operational environment in our post-pandemic world. Join FITT and Stephen Poloz for a wide-ranging discussion that addresses the future of globalization, its current risks, and how companies can adapt to a rapidly changing trade ecosystem.
In this event, learn about the following:
- How companies can adapt to the risks of post-pandemic globalization
- What stressors are causing volatility in the international business ecosystem
- Why rising inequality has attracted political attention and what factors have contributed to this
- How businesses can understand and leverage the positive aspects of globalization while learning how to avoid the pitfalls
- The long-term effects of localization strategies on businesses from an international economic perspective
- How businesses can lead the change for better globalization practices and why government policies can only do so much
Presenter: Stephen Poloz, CITP, Special Advisor at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP, and the former Governor of the Bank of Canada
Moderator: Alberto Quiroz, CITP, President, Intellimeter Canada Inc. and Chair, FITT Board of Directors
Host: Caroline Tompkins, CITP, President and CEO, FITT
There are no upcoming events at this time. Please sign up for FITT's weekly newsletter to hear about the latest events as they are announced.