Understand the logistical tasks, risks and considerations you need to get your goods and services to the right place at the right time, consistently and efficiently. No matter what you're transporting, what mode of transportation you use or what borders you have to cross, you can build a competitive advantage and maintain your profit margins as long as you plan properly.
Once you have successfully completed this workshop, you will be able to:
- Decide the best method of transportation based on cost, delivery time, risk, product quality and overall efficiency.
- Negotiate carrier agreements for shipping to establish a contract with clear goals and expectations.
- Use all appropriate procedures to prepare goods for shipping in order to minimize risks and maintain the quality of the goods.
- Ensure any and all regulatory requirements, customs regulations, protocols and programs are followed and met appropriately.
- Contract and deliver services to meet the needs and expectations of your clients.
When you sign up for this workshop, you'll receive the following resources:
- An International Distribution eBook, which includes unit-based exercises to help you study (the related answers are also available for download)
- Guiding notes to facilitate tracking of key concepts
- Case studies offering real-life examples to help you study and prepare for important business situations
- Sample examination questions to demonstrate exam format and help you practice for your final assessment
- Mobile-friendly courses: access and download all course materials, including your eBook, for easy reading on the go!
- Access to the International Distribution multiple-choice online examination
- You’ll build international trade competencies to help you compete in today’s integrated global marketplace
You’ll have up to one month from the date you register to work through the workshop at your own pace and take your exam. The exam is offered online in a multiple-choice format.
When you successfully complete this workshop and the other workshops taken from that course, Document Management, International Procurement and Inventory Management, you will receive the full credit for that course. This credit will then count towards earning your FITT Certificate in International Trade and your FITT Diploma in International Trade.
The standard workshop refund policy applies to all workshops.