Workshop - Global Value Chain
This workshop will help you understand the logistical tasks, risks and considerations you need to get your goods and services to the right place at the right time, consistently and efficiently. No matter what you're transporting, what mode of transportation you use or what borders you have to cross, you can build a competitive advantage and maintain your profit margins as long as you plan properly.
What You'll Learn
- Decide the best method of transportation based on cost, delivery time, risk, product quality and overall efficiency.
- Negotiate carrier agreements for shipping to establish a contract with clear goals and expectations.
- Use all appropriate procedures to prepare goods for shipping in order to minimize risks and maintain the quality of the goods.
- Ensure any and all regulatory requirements, customs regulations, protocols and programs are followed and met appropriately.
- Contract and deliver services to meet the needs and expectations of your clients.
- Workshop eBook, which includes unit-based exercises to help you study (the related answers are also available for download)
- Video resources focusing on the central issues and concepts of the workshop and providing practical examples
- Guiding notes to facilitate tracking of key concepts
- Case studies offering real-life examples to help you study and prepare for important business situations
- Sample exam questions to demonstrate exam format and help you practice for your final assessment
- Mobile-friendly workshops: access and download all workshop materials, including your eBook, for easy reading on the go!
- Access to the International Distribution multiple-choice online exam
- Essential international trade skills to help you compete in today’s integrated global marketplace