As you consider your global sourcing and outsourcing needs, you need to balance trying to find low-cost sourcing with quality products or services, as well as the desire to minimize risks. Build profitable, high-quality and low-risk sourcing or outsourcing relationships through developing the right procurement strategy and understanding the motivations, considerations and risks of procurement.
Once you have successfully completed this workshop, you will be able to:
- Save time and improve your results by developing and following a strategic sourcing process.
- FInd partners who best meet your priorities once you decide the relative importance of cost, quality and risk in your sourcing decisions.
- Identify each of the seven steps of the strategic procurement process and why they are all important for your business to follow.
- Make effective decisions through conducting due diligence when researching suppliers or outsourcers and ensuring you have all the information you need.
- Build and maintain positive supplier relationships through whatever model or strategy works best for your needs.
When you sign up for this workshop, you'll receive the following resources:
- An International Procurement eBook, which includes unit-based exercises to help you study (the related answers are also available for download)
- Guiding notes to facilitate tracking of key concepts
- Case studies offering real-life examples to help you study and prepare for important business situations
- Sample examination questions to demonstrate exam format and help you practice for your final assessment
- Mobile-friendly courses: access and download all course materials, including your eBook, for easy reading on the go!
- Access to the International Procurement multiple-choice online examination
- You’ll build international trade competencies to help you compete in today’s integrated global marketplace
You’ll have up to one month from the date you register to work through the workshop at your own pace and take your exam. The exam is offered online in a multiple-choice format.
When you successfully complete this workshop and the other workshops taken from that course, Document Management, Inventory Management and International Distribution, you will receive the full credit for that course. This credit will then count towards earning your FITT Certificate in International Trade and your FITT Diploma in International Trade.
The standard workshop refund policy applies to all workshops.