This year marks the 20th anniversary of the CITP, the world's leading elite professional designation for global business practitioners. It helps professionals get their skills and experience recognized and builds credibility with clients, colleagues and co-workers. Check out the new activities below, and the highlights from all of our celebrations earlier this year.
Learn more about the various CITP 20th anniversary celebrations:
- CITP20 Mentorship Contest - Entrepreneur Edition (closes December 19!)
- CITP Connection Guide E-book
- CITP Twitter Chat (closed)
- Mentorship Contest (closed)
- CITP "Ask Me Anything" - Facebook Live event (closed)
- Commemorative Pins
November 19 – December 19, 2018
From now until December 19, 2018, when you purchase an EDC-FITT online course or workshop, you’ll also have the chance to win 3 hours of free one-on-one mentorship from one of five CITP entrepreneurs and global trade experts below.
The winners will be drawn and announced on January 10, 2019.
You can read the full contest rules and regulations here.
Meet the mentors:
Learn more about each of the five handpicked mentors, and how their experience will help them offer the guidance you need.
Scott Ferris, CITP|FIBP – CEO, The Saddle Up Management Co.
Greg Gerritsen, CITP|FIBP – Global Logistics and Trade Compliance Manager, Phoenix Technology Services
Sonia Root, CITP|FIBP – Business Development Manager, Pacific Coast Fruit Products and President, Root Consulting Services Ltd.
James Spina – President and CEO, Spina CrossBorder Consulting
Trish Tully, CITP|FIBP – Vice-President, Marketing and Sales, Survival Systems Limited
Take a look back and learn from the incredible careers of active and honorary CITPs around the world as they share pictures, quotes, advice and memories from 20 years of the CITP®|FIBP® designation. Find out how to get in touch with them directly and expand your network of experts.
The ebook is now available - read it here!
Trade professionals had the opportunity to win 4 hours of mentorship from one of the following expert CITPs:
- Varun Anthony, CITP|FIBP, Agricultural Marketing Specialist, United States Department of Agriculture
- Sarah Barnes, CITP|FIBP, Director of Marketing and Strategic Sales, Shipz
- Bob Greaves, CITP|FIBP, Director of Land Management, Civeo Canada
- Paula Greene, CITP|FIBP, International Trade Consultant, Beyond Ventures Group
- Simon Slyper, CITP|FIBP, Senior Customs Compliance Specialist, Amscan Inc.
How it works:
- Mentorship can be performed online or in person at the participant's discretion and is up to both parties to schedule
- Both CITPs and non-CITPs are eligible to enter
- Mentors and mentees have until December 31st, 2018 to complete the 4 hour mentorship obligation
- Winners announced July 9
- Contest opens June 18 at 9 a.m. ET – closes June 29th at midnight ET.
Second prize: One free FITTskills online course of your choice
Third prize: One free workshop of your choice
For full contest rules, click here.
The contest is now closed. To see who won, watch the Facebook Live announcement video.
Three expert CITPs - Justin Archambault, CITP|FIBP, Executive Director at Bluecrown International Strategies / Consular Assistant & Advisor at the High Commission of Malaysia, Jamie Huget, CITP|FIBP, Trade Commissioner at Global Affairs Canada (GAC), and Megan Malone, CITP|FIBP, Sales Associate - ICT Sector at Export Development Canada (EDC) - answered your questions in a Facebook Ask Me Anything (AMA) event!
We sent special CITP 20th anniversary pins to everyone who has been an active CITP for at least 10 years to say thanks! If you received one, please share pictures of yourself with the new pin on social media using the #CITP20 hashtag!
Expand your network
Whether you’re already a CITP or interested in becoming one, join our CITP LinkedIn group to connect with over 1,800 professionals from around the world. Use this group to ask questions, organize a study group or get connected to careers in international business.
Use the hash tag #CITP20
Start the path to earning your CITP
Get your international business skills and education recognized through the Certified International Trade Professional (CITP) designation.